In today’s episode of the Let’s Reach Success Podcast we’ll talk about confidence again, but this time it’s about having low self-esteem in particular, and only when that’s due to outer factors like family, the media, society, environment, etc.
I’ll explain how 8 such influences lower our confidence and what we can do about it to take back control.
What you’ll hear is pretty useful as sometimes we feel insecure and stuck in life, but it’s not really our fault, it’s what’s around us that affects our thoughts and actions.
In this case, it’s people, beliefs, the workplace, and more. Luckily, it’s us who decide what shapes our identity.
You can’t let outer factors lower your self-esteem anymore. It’s time to take action.
- What to do when your parents are killing your self-esteem [2:16]
- Why the past shouldn’t be stopping you from anything [3:30]
- The wrong perception society has created about confident people [4:23]
- How what’s around you affects your confidence level [7:19]
- Why your vocabulary matters more than you think [8:26]
- Why you shouldn’t worry if no one supports you [10:44]
- What to do when you think you aren’t good enough
- Dealing with the past
- Your environment is crucial for your success
- Toxic people
- Dealing with rejection
Action Steps on How to Fix Your Low Self-Esteem
- Don’t listen to your parents if they tell you you’re not good enough. That’s just how they express their feelings. Let the desire to hear them encourage you go, and focus on taking action to becoming a better version of yourself instead.
- Learn to take the lessons from the past but to never let the mistakes from it affect your confidence in the present.
- Free yourself from the perception of confident people society has built. Don’t answer anyone else’s expectations but do what feels right.
- Don’t compare your life to the life of others and concentrate on playing your own game.
- Remove anything that makes you have low self-esteem and make changes in your environment until it breeds success.
- Use powerful and positive words only.
- Be alright with rejection, most of the times it has nothing to do with you.
- Start walking and talking with attitude and over time you’ll be taken more seriously by superiors.
- Realize you’re your biggest supporter and you don’t need anyone else to motivate you.
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
What causes low self-esteem in your life? How can you fix it?
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- How To Make Every Day Memorable - December 3, 2016
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Business You Might Not Have Considered - December 3, 2016
- Killer Tips to Help You Run Faster - December 2, 2016