Welcome to the 15th episode of The Let’s Reach Success podcast. Today we’ll talk about something we all struggle with – procrastination. It not only makes us come up with excuses, put things off for later and even never get them done, but we also leave behind our goals in life and don’t move forward because of that.
So in this episode of the show I’ll share with you the most common reasons why we procrastinate.
Imagine a world where procrastination doesn’t exist.
People won’t feel stressed, overwhelmed or upset just by looking at their tasks for the day. No one would complain about, analyze, fear or put off what needs to be done. They will just do it. By simply starting, being focused, doing a small part of it, and then the next one.
But that’s not the world we live in. Although it might be.
[tweetthis]We let procrastination – the desire to do anything else but the important task in front of us – control us.[/tweetthis]
It leads us to dark places, where we feel hopeless. We turn to distractions, face fear and anxiety, we don’t feel happy, we think and analyze too much and never feel accomplished.
We put things off for later. But later becomes never. And things don’t get done.
But if we really understand what’s going on when we try to start working on a task, we’ll see that it’s not procrastination itself, but other elements.
Like worrying about not having enough time to complete it, not being ready, or thinking we’re not good enough to do that. Having many other things to do, not being sure if it’s that important, not knowing where to start or what to do, not being sure if now is the right time, etc.
These are all excuses our mind comes up with. And they’re an illusion.
But if we eliminate them, all that is left will be us and the task. And when nothing can stop us from doing it, we’ll just start.
If you’re wondering why we procrastinate and what we can do about it, check out the episode.
- How the big picture scares us and what to do about it [1:57]
- The 3 things that cause lack of motivation (and how that leads to procrastination) [2:50]
- What causes fear of failure [4:12]
- The 3 types of procrastination and how that prevents us from getting things done [4:55]
- What to do when we don’t know where to start (when facing a new task/project) [7:25]
- What things from childhood are the reasons we procrastinate today [9:12]
- Who is my latest book for [11:39]
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Live Your Destiny: 3 Ways to Find Your Life Purpose - December 6, 2016
- What’s New In The World Of Medical SEO - December 5, 2016
- How Networking with Like-Minded Entrepreneurs Can Help You Succeed - December 5, 2016