Welcome to the 8th episode of The Let’s Reach Success Podcast. You can now listen to it on iTunes and Stitcher. This one is dedicated to the main reasons why new year’s resolutions fail and how to finally succeed with them.
Through the years we’ve all made New Year’s resolutions… and we’ve all failed at some point.
Let’s face it, we are tired of seeing how everyone is making their New Year’s resolution, reading articles about that everywhere, and mostly we are tired of ourselves not being able to keep our promises and failing a month after we’ve made them.
But no matter how old-fashioned that is and how society and the media made it too big of a deal, we still think about it. And the closer 31 Dec. gets, the more we start making plans in our mind.
Because even if we fail a million times, even if we hate the idea of a New Year’s resolution and have decided not to do that anymore, we still have a little hope.
And in order to do it right this time, we should first understand why they fail so bad.
- Why we fall into the trap of making NY resolutions even when we don’t want to [1:43]
- 8 reasons why new year’s resolutions fail [2:20]
- 9 ways to make this year different [7:50]
Reasons Why New Year’s Resolutions Fail
1. We set many goals.
2. We crave big transformations.
3. We don’t prepare.
4. We want fast results.
5. We don’t want it bad enough.
6. We do it involuntarily.
7. Our motivation is short-term.
8. Everyone else is doing it.
How to Succeed with Them?
1. Have a definite desire to change.
2. Have 1-3 big goals.
3. Make a well-planned step-by-step schedule.
4. New source of motivation.
5. A vision of success.
6. Engage other people.
7. Keep a journal.
8. Be mindful and aware.
9. Enjoy it.
Listen to the episode here:
Thanks for listening.
Glad you joined me on the podcast today. If you want to hear a particular topic on it, leave a comment below and I’ll make sure I cover it in the future.
Also, if you enjoyed it, please share it using the social media buttons you see on the left.
And finally, please leave an honest review for The LRS Podcast on iTunes. You’ll help a lot with the rankings for the show and I’ll appreciate it.
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- How Does Health Impact Productivity [Infographic] - December 9, 2016
- 3 Things to Consider Before You Go to South East Asia for The First Time - December 8, 2016
- 6 Things You Didn’t Know When Moving Offices - December 8, 2016