I get up every morning and it’s going to be a great day. You never know when it’s going to be over so I refuse to have a bad day. ~ Paul Henderson
Each new day is a new beginning. And it’s another opportunity to get things done, do what we enjoy, get closer to our goals and be the best version of ourselves.
And how your day starts often defines how it goes. So let’s use the morning to kickstart it with a positive attitude and energy.
What’s the first thing you do in the morning?
Many people just hit the snooze button many times, sleep in, check their phones, think of all the stuff they have to do later in the day, or start getting ready to go out in a hurry.
All these, however, are things that can only make your day stressful, negative and unproductive.
Here are better ideas for your morning:
3 Things to Do First Thing in The Morning
1. Welcome the day with a big smile.
While still in bed, thank for this day and the chance to make the best of it. It’s a gift and a blessing and you can use it however you want.
Be positive about it. Realize that all the bad things from the past few days don’t really matter, and look forward to being proud of yourself in the evening.
2. Do some writing.
Here’s what you can write down first thing in the morning:
- 3 things you’re grateful for;
- a few ways to make this day meaningful;
- positive affirmations;
- the tasks you have to complete today and the ones that are most important;
- what you can do today to get closer to your dreams;
- record your thoughts;
This will take no more than a few minutes but will have a great effect on how you’ll feel throughout the day.
3. Read something inspiring.
Grab a book right after you wake up, or visit your favorite blog, and read something motivational. Something that will boost your confidence, will encourage you to take action and do your best and will make you focus on what’s important to you.
Even a few paragraphs, when from the right source, can help you build some momentum into your day and get you moving.
Here’s something beautiful from The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo:
“I awoke one morning content to be who I am, no matter what was happening. Though things were not as I wanted, there was truly nothing lacking, and I vowed that I would trade places with no one, spirits with all:
• Center yourself and feel the reality of your life this morning.
• Let your breath take you, for the moment, beneath your dreams of betterment.
• As you exhale, feel the soreness around all you want.
• As you inhale, feel the mystery at center where nothing is lacking.
The truth about morning is that it is the small light of the beginning breaking through, again and again. It is a wisdom so large and clear, one which carries us through our lives so quietly and completely that we seldom see it.”
So what do you do first thing in the morning? What other ideas can you give?
8 things happy people do every morning
The power of mornings: Why successful entrepreneurs get up early
Four ways to start your work day right
7 things to do each morning that will make you happier all day
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- How To Make Every Day Memorable - December 3, 2016
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Business You Might Not Have Considered - December 3, 2016
- Killer Tips to Help You Run Faster - December 2, 2016