I believe we’ve come to the time where we need to open our eyes for what’s going on around us. To see the world as it is, along with the things we usually remain blind for.
I believe there is more than just the mundane life we know with its daily worries.
People are sometimes too superficial and can’t see the bigger picture. Overburdened with stuff, we tend to lose track of time, forget what is important and end up living for today – without a clear direction, vision for the future and specific desires.
Every now and then we have these moments of clarity, of understanding of the self, of happiness for no reason, appreciation and inspiration.
It usually doesn’t last long because we think it’s just luck and don’t know how to increase our energy level so that we can experience them more often.
We have these inexplicable coincidences and are surprised by the way we feel at that moment, but easily forget that feeling.
All these are signs from the universe. It’s the way it tells us that there is more to life than what we think, that there is a deeper level of consciousness we can achieve that will make us happy, contented, productive and help us find a purpose.
Here I’ve summarized 70 signs of awakening and spiritual growth. You may have experienced some of them, or most of all. That means you’re on the right way. Just keep noticing them.
If not, you can use the following as tips and ideas on how to awaken and begin to really see things as they are.
They are in no particular order. One can provoke another.
Here they are:
- You often feel connected with other people.
- You begin to question things.
- You change your views and opinion of life.
- Breaking free from your current lifestyle because you realize it’s taking you nowhere. So you make drastic changes – quit job, move to another place, end a relationship, etc.
- You feel grateful for what you have and thank for it every day.
- A feeling that you’ve changed somehow.
- Your energy level increases.
- Pure acceptance. You accept things, people and events in your life as they are.
- Constant appreciation. You don’t judge yourself or other people anymore.
- You enjoy the moment.
- You become more sensitive. You smell, see and feel new things every now and then.
- A change in sleeping patterns.
- You may suddenly feel joy and bliss.
- You are often happy for no particular reason.
- A profound feeling of love for everything and everyone.
- More often you will let things happen and make the best of them, instead of trying to change everything.
- You let go of expectations.
- Frequent bursts of creativity. You may wake up in the middle of the night with the strong desire to write, or paint, or something else that will help you express the things in your head through art.
- Some things may start to seem distant, out of place or unusual to you.
- You have a clear direction.
- Increased peace and clarity.
- You let go of anger.
- You don’t hide your emotions. Instead, you want to share them with others.
- You’re motivated and excited even by thinking of all the changes you see around you.
- When you need to know something, the answer is given to you in the form of a random person, event or another sign. You just need to keep your eyes open and accept the lesson or answer.
- You easily make compromises, give, help and forgive.
- You have the desire to speak the truth.
- You learn things faster.
- You acquire new skills.
- Eliminating all your activities and tasks that aren’t meaningful or don’t help you in any way and concentrating on what matters.
- You pay more attention to the little things around you that you’ve barely noticed before.
- You want to find your purpose and do only things that matter.
- You are always looking for answers and want to ‘find’ yourself.
- A sense of Oneness. You realize that nothing in this world is separate and one thing always leads to another.
- You’re ready to give and expect nothing in return.
- Understanding people. You can listen to them quietly and patiently and try to make them feel better.
- You are not afraid anymore. Each day you understand more and more that fears are not real, they are often just in your head. Once you let go, you are free.
- Many ‘coincidences’ occur in your life but now you know it’s not luck. It’s what the universe gives you in return to your purposeful questions, awakened mind and desire to grow spiritually.
- You may feel distant from some of your friends because of the different energy levels you have.
- You feel the urge to do great things.
- You realize you just know things you didn’t know before.
- You follow your intuition.
- Empathy. You care for other people’s feelings and recognize their emotions.
- You want to meet like-minded people, share your ideas with them and increase your energy together.
- Your perception of time alters. You know you don’t have all the time in the world and want to make it count. So you become more active and do more things.
- You learn to say ‘no’.
- Drawing a lesson from everything.
- You see the world from a different point of view.
- You accept yourself for who you are.
- Little daily worries, weaknesses and the things that concern the average person don’t attract your attention anymore as you can now see the bigger picture of everything.
- You ask yourself deep questions.
- You spend much time contemplating on love, life, purpose, meaning of things, importance of events, priorities, time, happiness, good, bad, etc.
- You embrace positivity.
- Experiencing sudden moments of inspiration.
- You don’t feel the need to be better than others. Instead, you want to help them find their way in life.
- You know how to live in the present.
- You feel powerful and are absolutely sure that everything is possible.
- You practice mindfulness and live consciously.
- Letting go of guilt, disappointment and regret.
- You can see the beauty of everything.
- Your dreams and visions are more vivid.
- You feel inner guidance and amazing things happen when you follow it.
- You connect with nature
- Material stuff doesn’t play any role in your life anymore.
- You don’t feel the need to be right, to persuade someone into doing something, to argue or to prove someone wrong. Communication is on another level for you now.
- You break old habits and routines.
- Analyzing your dreams and occurrences in life.
- Synchronicity. You may start to encounter people many times or have other coincidences. They all mean you’re on the right way.
- You let go of excuses and trying to impress people.
- You want to help others awaken too.
So how many of these characteristics do you find familiar?
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- Live Your Destiny: 3 Ways to Find Your Life Purpose - December 6, 2016
- What’s New In The World Of Medical SEO - December 5, 2016
- How Networking with Like-Minded Entrepreneurs Can Help You Succeed - December 5, 2016