What can you thank for today?
Thank God it’s the computer in front of me so that I can vent my thoughts. And what would I do without the comfortable bed I’ll be lying in tonight and the many books on the shelf that develop my imagination and gave birth to many of my writings?
After putting these questions I start thinking about the classes at the university I have in a few hours and the gym workout I’ll do after that.
I appreciate the fact that my parents gave me the chance to get a decent education and completely realize that many others want that but can’t have it.
I’m also thankful for having a healthy body I can work on and feel sorry for the people who want to practice sports but don’t have the physical ability.
Then I close the site on my laptop I last visited and smile when I see the picture on the desktop. It’s from my last trip to Italy.
I have all that and I’m grateful. Compared to what some people have, it’s nothing. But compared to what others have – it’s everything.
I’m not bragging, not at all. I’m just pointing out the first things I saw around me that many of us have and take for granted.
This way I want to show you that everyone has so many things to thank for, so many people to appreciate and many more reasons to be happy.
Most of what I’ve just listed, though, is rather material and even though it’s not much, not everyone is lucky enough to have it.
So the post you are reading is for them. And for those who have enough. And for the people who have everything but don’t appreciate it.
Below you will see a list of reasons to be grateful for every day and I hope everyone who reads it, will relate himself to it.
Even if you don’t have money, a comfortable bed, loving parents, the perfect job, free time, the body you desire, etc., you still have more than you realize.
And I advise you to thank for it, accept it and use it, because success comes to those who first appreciate what they already have, so that they can embrace what the future has in store for them.
Here is what we all have and can do:
- Opportunities without number;
- The ability to set goals, achieve them and improve ourselves constantly;
- A chance to make friends, build meaningful relationships and have a family;
- We can believe in whatever we want;
- We can choose who to become;
- We can get familiar with and good at every subject, science, business area or profession we are interested in;
- We can work and get promoted;
- We can have a hobby and practice it freely;
- We can inspire and change other people’s lives;
- We can have an idea and turn it into something big and prosperous;
- We can travel the world or just go to a country with a completely different culture from ours and never come back;
- We are free to create, explore, invent and thus contribute to the society;
- We can be in a good shape and look great if we decide to invest time and effort in our appearance;
- We can enjoy nature and its benefits;
- We can dedicate ourselves to a certain point of view, religion, idea or else;
- We can learn foreign languages and communicate with people from other countries;
- We can earn money and spend them on whatever we want;
- We can join different social groups, organizations and gatherings and express our opinion;
- In many situations we can speak up, act and change the outcome;
- Whatever happens, we can smile, accept it and even laugh about it;
- We can overcome every hardship, get over the sorrow and conquer fear.
- Our time is in our control, only we can decide how to use it;
- We are in possession of the greatest tool ever known – our mind – and we have the chance to do miracles with it.
So instead of comparing yourself to others and desiring what they have, concentrate on the things around you.
Open your eyes for what you already possess – pay attention to the countless opportunities you’re surrounded by, the people who love you, the place you’re at now – and appreciate it.
Thank for that every morning you wake up and every night before you go to sleep.
“We can only be said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures.”
Full-time freelance writer. Lifestyle designer.
Latest posts by Lidiya K (see all)
- How To Make Every Day Memorable - December 3, 2016
- 4 Ways to Improve Your Business You Might Not Have Considered - December 3, 2016
- Killer Tips to Help You Run Faster - December 2, 2016